The Lifford business area and Pershore Road Corridor is central to a densely populated part of the city with approximately 25,000 residents with a 5-10 minute walk of a part of the area. However with changing lifestyles, a declining offer on the high street and aggressive competition from neighbouring areas which already have BIDs, it is more important than ever for the businesses in Bournville, Cotteridge, Kings Norton and Stirchley to be able to reach into their potential and existing customer’s homes to remind them of the local offer.
Successful high streets in the 21st Century need to offer experience and expertise as well as shops and services, to reinstall them as community hubs, to create stories that people want to share with friends and family and to highlight the uniqueness of their offer rather than focus on what makes them the same as everywhere else.
It is known from previous research that consumers will travel up to 50 miles to visit specific destinations in the Lifford area – they doubtless come from further afield to experience the area’s tourism destinations, and there is a great opportunity to encourage these visitors to stay longer and discover more, rather than simply visiting Lifford for one reason and then leaving.
- Promote the unique Lifford offer to a local, citywide and regional audience in order to increase footfall, dwell time and spend across the BID area
- Promote closer working links with non-levy paying stakeholders, for example markets, parks, etc.
- Deliver a 5-year marketing programme that serves to put the business areas of Bournville, Cotteridge, Kings Norton and Stirchley back at the heart of their communities
- Develop a programme of Christmas activities/lighting
- Develop a year-round programme of events
- Build an interactive, consumer-facing website, local app and other appropriate technology- based marketing solutions
- Implement a local loyalty scheme
- Develop and promote the tourism offer
- Produce an annual directory
- Support pop-up activities
- Produce marketing collateral, for example re-usable shopping bags
- Build an effective consumer, business and stakeholder database to facilitate marketing initiatives