The time has come for the local business community to take a lead on local opportunities and investment that can have a beneficial impact on what it means to do business in Bournville, Cotteridge, Kings Norton and Stirchley.
The BID will bring together the skills and experience that exist locally for the benefit of all to lobby, influence and negotiate for further appropriate investment that meets the needs of the local business community.
The BID will deliver real investment that will have a tangible added value to the business community in Lifford.
- Secure the necessary commitment and expertise to ensure that the BID delivers real, business-focussed outcomes
- Provide responsibility and accountability to all businesses within the BID area
- Monitor, assess and evolve the work of the BID to ensure maximum effectiveness on projects that meet its priorities
- Appoint a professional BID Manager to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the BID Proposal
- Adopt a clear business model under a company limited by guarantee with transparent and equal decision making via a nominated Board of voluntary Directors
- Undertake regular monitoring, surveys and reviews of agreed baseline council and additional BID services
- Provide interim and annual feedback on the BID’s performance
- Repay the BID loan development fund within two years of the BID’s commencement
- Seek to secure all BID management support (office, overheads, professional services, etc.) first and foremost from within the BID community
- Represent the interests of the Lifford business community with the public sector, primarily Birmingham City Council
- Work with the Police to reduce levels of crime, anti-social behaviour, etc.
- Secure extra investment and income into the BID area for the benefit of levy-paying businesses, workers, residents and visitors alike
- Promote the singular vision of the Lifford BID whilst acknowledging and simultaneously promoting the distinct nature of the four areas that comprise it